Learn all the basics of sewing in just a few (super fun) weeks!
Adult Sewing Classes – Beginner Level 1
Our Level 1 Adult Sewing Classes focus on teaching our students the foundation of sewing and pattern reading through making and creating practical fashion accessories whilst teaching basic sewing skills used in creating some of today’s top fashion designs.
This sewing course is designed for the beginner stitcher. The course is 12.5 hours in total divided up between 5 weekly classes. Each class is project oriented with students working at their own pace to achieve their goals in a relaxed and fun environment. We also focus on demystifying the sewing machine to remove any fear that you may have.
Sewing machines, materials and project notes provided.
Evenings: 7.00pm – 9.30pm Monday 21st January
Morning: 10am-12:30pm Tuesday 22nd January
Duration: 5 weeks
Location: Sew Fun Studios Wexford
Payment plan: Pay €50 booking deposit and 4 weekly instalments of €33.75
What you’ll learn:
- Introduction to the sewing machine
- Threading the machine and filling the bobbin
- Basic sewing skills and fashion design techniques
- Basic pattern reading
- Sewing machine problem solving
- Accessory construction- sewing in a button, strap construction, pockets, hemming, seam allowance, top stitching, interfacing, right side v wrong side of fabric, lining, measuring, pinning, cutting, and following a step by step pattern tutorial.
- Safety of the machine