After School Classes
Sew Fun Studios provide after school classes for children aged 7 – 13 years, both in our spacious Sewing Studio in Wexford Town and also within primary schools across the county.
We also have a class for the older teens on Thursdays from 4.30-5.30pm. Our older students can follow our curriculum using our printed cotton fabrics or express themselves using their own patterns and fabrics. The choice is yours!
Our after school classes not only teaches students a skill for life, but also stimulates kids social, physical and intellectual abilities. We provide a safe environment for kids to have fun while expressing their creative flair.
This year we are focusing our awareness on our wonderful planet and how it is being harmed, we have decided to educate our students on the fashion industry and the devastating effects it is having on climate change. We will teach our students the concept of ‘reuse and recycle’ using clothing and materials that no longer hold their original purpose. Students will bring in some old jeans and other clothing pieces to work with where we will teach them how to create something cool and awesome thus reducing waste. It’s a win win!
Our studio is thoroughly cleaned and sanatized at the end of each class. All of our tutors are Garda vetted & highly experienced in teaching kids.
|2022/2023 Term 1 as follows|
|When:||Choose from Tuesdays or Thursdays|
|Start date:||Tuesday 20th OR Thursday 22nd September 2022|
|Class times:||3.15 – 4.15pm, 4.30 - 5.30pm OR teen session Thursdays 4.30 - 5.30pm|
|Location:||Sew Fun Studios Wexford|
What our students will learn (depending on the project):
- Threading & using the sewing machine, operation & safety
- Learn about fabrics
- Create their own sewing project
- Hand sewing techniques
- Improving fine motor skills including pinning, cutting fabric, hemming, casting & ironing
- Learn to follow sewing patterns and instructions
- Learn to insert buttons, button holes & zippers,
- Gain a lifelong skill
Education and Development Benefits
- Follow step by step directions to complete a task
- Use of spatial/relational thinking in following project instructions
- Practical application of math skills ( e.g. measuring, ratio, proportion, visualisation)
- Development of creative skills involving colour, shape texture, and self-expression
- Organisational skills
- Social/emotional skills (e.g. patience)
- Teamwork and co-operation
Our instructors are Garda vetted, highly qualified and experienced with vast experience in teaching children. No experience is required and all machines, fabrics and supplies are provided.
To book your childs space click the link below OR call Joanne on 087 4421180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!