After School Classes
Sew Fun Studios provide after school classes for children aged 7 – 13 years, both in our state of the art Sewing Studio in Wexford Town and also within primary schools across the county.
Our after school classes not only teaches your child a skill for life, but also stimulates their social, physical and intellectual abilities. We provide a fun, educational & structured environment with our Garda vetted & highly qualified instructors.
|Term 1 Timetable 2019-2020|
|When:||Choose from Tuesdays or Thursdays|
|Start date:||Tuesday 17th September - Tuesday 22nd of October 2019|
|or Thursday 19th September – Thursday 24th of October 2019|
|Class times:||3.30 – 5pm OR 4 - 5.30pm|
|Location:||Sew Fun Studios Wexford|
What our students will learn (depending on the project):
- Threading & using the sewing machine, operation & safety
- Learn about fabrics
- Create their own sewing project
- Hand sewing techniques
- Improving fine motor skills including pinning, cutting fabric, hemming, casting & ironing
- Learn to follow sewing patterns and instructions
- Learn to include buttons, button holes & zippers,
- Gain a lifelong skill
Education and Development Benefits
- Follow step by step directions to complete a task
- Use of spatial/relational thinking in following project instructions
- Practical application of math skills ( e.g. measuring, ratio, proportion, visualisation)
- Development of creative skills involving colour, shape texture, and self-expression
- Organisational skills
- Social/emotional skills (e.g. patience)
- Teamwork and cooperation
Our instructors are Garda vetted, highly qualified and experienced with vast experience in teaching children. No experience is required and all machines, fabrics and supplies are provided.
For any questions call Joanne on 087 4421180 or email email@example.com!