Learn all the basics of sewing in just a few (super fun) weeks!
Saturday mornings from 10 am-12 for 4 weeks beginning Saturday 22nd April
This course of 4 workshops is packed with basic sewing techniques. Teenagers can come to learn how to sew in a fun environment with like minded peers.
We start from the beginning teaching the workings of the sewing machine and progress to making projects throughout the 4 week course.
Students will focus on learning basic sewing skills, in addition to basic fashion design techniques and pattern reading skills used in creating some of today’s fashion designs.
This sewing course is designed for the beginner stitcher. The course is 8 hours in total divided up between 4 weekly classes. Each class is project oriented and each student will leave classes with their finished wearable projects.
Sewing machines & materials provided.
Course Syllabus :
- Introduction to the sewing machine
- Basic sewing
- Learn to thread & operate the sewing machine
- Learn basic accessory construction
- Review of machine & sewing
- Learn to thread & operate the bobbin on the sewing machine
- Introduction to pattern reading
- Following instructions for project construction
- Review of pattern reading
- Project completion